|Color & Type
Chateau La Lagune is a wine estate in Haut Medoc ranked as a 3rd Growth Grand Cru Classe Bordeaux. Its history can be traced back to the 16th century under King Henri IV when Dutch engineers started to plant vines on reclaimed land.
The mansion was constructed in the 18th century by Baron Victor Louis (who designed the Grand Theater in Bordeaux) and the estate remained in the De Seze family for many generations.
During the 1950’s, La Lagune succumbed to the economic crisis brought by the war, and the great frosts of 1956. By the time George Brunette purchased the property in 1958, only a few hectares were still in production. He undertook an extensive renovation program but was later forced to sell the property to the Ducellier family of Champagne Ayala due to heavy financial demands. The property is now owned by the Frey family whose other wine interests include Maison Jaboulet.
The Lagune vineyard is ideally located on one of the most perfect gravel hillocks and is organically farmed. It covers 80 hectares which are planted with 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 10% Petit Verdot.