2011 Pierre de Lune Bordeaux Blend
Bordeaux Blend - 750ML

  • WA 90

This product is
out of stock

This product is
out of stock

Contact us Wine consultation

WA 90
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, April 2012
Soft and fresh with an endearing style the 2011 exhibits a dark plum/purple color as well as aromas of black currants black cherries licorice and toasty oak. The final blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon... Soft and fresh with an endearing style the 2011 exhibits a dark plum/purple color as well as aromas of black currants black cherries licorice and toasty oak. The final blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon achieved 13.2% natural alcohol. This forward evolved 2011 should be enjoyed over the next 7-8 years. Clos Fourtet's manager Tony Balu owns this tiny (just under 3 acres) estate in the sector of St.-Emilion known as Saint-Sulpice de Faleyrens.
JJB 92
Chuck Hayward - JJ Buckley, April 2012
90% merlot 10% cabernet sauvignon. Average vine age is 30 years planted in sandy gravel over deep gravel soils. The bouquet expresses a melange of aromas including herbs celery and dried leaves. With creamy textures... 90% merlot 10% cabernet sauvignon. Average vine age is 30 years planted in sandy gravel over deep gravel soils. The bouquet expresses a melange of aromas including herbs celery and dried leaves. With creamy textures showing a hint of fat the herbaceous notes carry on and form the palate's spine mixed with some mild cherry flavors. Low in acidity the fruit fades gently to reveal structured tannins in the background. Enjoy 2015-2025.
Color & Type Red
Varietal Bordeaux Blend
Country France
Region Bordeaux
Sub-region St Emilion
Vintage 2011