|Color & Type
The Argiano estate extends across an area of about 125 hectares, occupied by vineyards, olive groves and natural forest. The birth of the estate is revealed by the construction of its villa, fashioned in the 16th century architectural style, and is thought to have been built between 1581 and 1596. Winemaking also developed at about the same time.
Ownership changed hands several times over the centuries among various noble families, until the estate came into the possession of Lady Ersilia Caetani Lovatelli in the 19th century. Under her enlightened management, the wines were promoted successfully in the finest cultural circles of the time.
In 1967, Argiano helped form the new history of Brunello di Montalcino when it participated with other historic wineries in the foundation of the Brunello Consortium. In 1992, the estate was acquired by Countess Noemi Marone Cinzano who introduced important innovations into the winery’s management. The estate changed ownership again in 2013 when it was sold to a group of Brazilian businessmen, who continued to make improvements and expand the estate vineyard holdings.