The 2015 Clos la Madeleine Bordeaux Blend from the renowned region of Saint Emilion in Bordeaux, France is a wine that embodies elegance and power. With its deep ruby color, this red wine is visually captivating, enticing the senses with its alluring hue. The nose is greeted with a bouquet of ripe fruit, including sweet black cherry and black currants, layered with notes of smoked herbs, graphite, and a touch of minerality. This complex aroma profile sets the stage for a remarkable tasting experience.
On the palate, the 2015 Clos la Madeleine impresses with its density and power. The mouthfeel is chewy, providing a luxurious texture that envelops the taste buds. Ripe fruit flavors dominate, delivering a rich and velvety experience. The wine is predominantly composed of 75% Merlot, which contributes to its plush and approachable character, while the remaining 25% Cabernet Franc adds structure and depth.
Renowned wine critic James Suckling awarded this vintage an impressive score of 94 points, noting its dense and powerful nature. He commends the velvety tannins and abundant ripe fruit, further solidifying its status as an outstanding wine. Jeb Dunnuck also praises the 2015 Clos la Madeleine, highlighting its value and potential for aging. He suggests that this gem will continue to develop and improve over the next 10-15 years.
Jeff Leve echoes these sentiments, describing the wine as mineral-driven with soft, sweet, ripe fruits and polished, silky tannins. He emphasizes the wine's freshness and evocative qualities, making it a truly captivating experience from start to finish.
Overall, the 2015 Clos la Madeleine Bordeaux Blend is an exceptional wine that showcases the best of Saint Emilion. Its harmonious blend of varietals, coupled with its powerful yet elegant nature, make it a wine that is sure to impress both enthusiasts and connoisseurs alike. Whether enjoyed now or cellared for future indulgence, this wine is a true testament to the artistry and craftsmanship of the Clos la Madeleine winery.