2018 Vinedo Chadwick Proprietary Blend
Proprietary Blend - 750ML
2018 Vinedo Chadwick Proprietary Blend
  • DC 98
  • WA 97

Reg: $349.00

$324.00

In Stock: 0 btls
Ships Immediately

Pre-Arrival: 1 btls
ETA: Sep. 2021

Reg: $349.00

$324.00

In Stock: 0 btls
Ships Immediately

Pre-Arrival: 1 btls
ETA: Sep. 2021

Shipping info Wine Storage

DC 98
Decanter, August 2020
Stand back and admire the tannic structure on display here, giving just the right amount of space to let through sweet cherry, raspberry, thyme, black pepper and spiced rosemary notes at this early stage, and promising so...   Stand back and admire the tannic structure on display here, giving just the right amount of space to let through sweet cherry, raspberry, thyme, black pepper and spiced rosemary notes at this early stage, and promising so much more as it ages. Overall Viñedo Chadwick has a more savoury edge than it did in its earlier years of production, less cocoa and chocolate and more eucalyptus and menthol, showing a more classically-trained Cabernet Sauvignon character with grip and concentration. The grapes are grown on old gravel terraces with great drainage, close to the Andes ensuring the breezes that allow long slow ripening. One to savour. 80% new oak, with the remaining 20% in large oak casks, 3.55pH. Drinking Window 2024 - 2042  
WA 97
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, August 2020
They talk about textbook climate conditions during the growing season for the grapes used for the 2018 Viñedo Chadwick, mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with a 3% dash of Petit Verdot. The vines are planted on alluvial soils...   They talk about textbook climate conditions during the growing season for the grapes used for the 2018 Viñedo Chadwick, mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with a 3% dash of Petit Verdot. The vines are planted on alluvial soils, and the grapes were picked in the morning and transported to the winery to be fermented in a combination of stainless steel (75%) and troncoconic concrete vats. Eighty percent of the wine matured in new French oak barriques and the remaining 20% in Stockinger oak foudres for a period of 22 months. It's 13.5% alcohol and has very good acidity. Viñedo Chadwick is a little warmer as a zone than the vineyards of Seña, but the wine is still very fresh, with moderate alcohol, perfectly ripe fruit and super integrated oak, coming through as elegant within the powerful style of the zone, with red and black fruit, some aromatic herbs, the cedary and spicy notes of the variety and the signature tannins of Cabernet, keeping the juiciness of the last few years. The little bit of Petit Verdot in the blend gives it a spicy touch. It's vibrant, balanced and intense, still a little young and creamy, and I'd wait a little bit longer before pulling the cork. This can surely age in bottle, as it has the ingredients and the balance to do so; it has the elegance of 2016 with a little more structure and depth—and a little more clout too. 10,000 bottles produced. It was bottled in February 2020. - LG  
Category Description
Color & Type Red
Varietal Proprietary Blend
Country Chile
Region Maipo Valley
Vintage 2018
Size 750ML