Holiday Shipping Timeframes*
To receive your wines by Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve
- UPS Ground (outside CA): Order by 3pm PT on 12/14
- UPS Ground (within CA): Order by 3pm PT on 12/20
- UPS 3-Day Select: Order by 3pm PT on 12/20
- UPS 2nd Day Air: Order by 3pm PT on 12/21
- UPS Next Day Air: Order by 3pm PT on 12/22
*Timeframes apply to new orders of in-stock wines. For storage removals, please see below or contact us at 888.859.4637.
Operational Closures in November & December 2016
Please note, JJ Buckley does not ship on weekends, holidays, or during year-end inventory:
- Thanksgiving Day: 11/24/16
- Day after Thanksgiving: 11/25/16
- Christmas Day Observed: 12/26/16
- Year-End Inventory: 12/26/16 through 01/06/17
- New Year's Day Observed: 1/2/17
- In the U.S., direct shipment of wine is controlled at the state level. Laws vary from state to state and change frequently. Please call us at 888-859-4637 if you have any questions about shipping to your state.
- An adult 21 years or older must be present to receive and sign for delivery of alcoholic beverages. Carriers will not leave packages without an adult signature under any circumstance.
- We ship to business and residential addresses via common carriers such as FedEx and UPS, and local overnight carriers such as GSO.
- Orders to Alaska or Hawaii ship by 2nd Day Air.
- We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
- Please be aware of the delivery information provided in your shipment confirmation email. The shipment date and destination address cannot be changed once shipment is confirmed. Restocking fees may apply for returned shipments. See below.
- JJ Buckley Fine Wines is not responsible for damage to wine, including leakage or damaged corks, resulting from heat or extreme temperatures during shipment. Please read our Shipping Weather Advisory for info.
- Shipments are not automatically insured against carrier-related damage, theft, or loss once the shipment has left our facility. See Shipping Insurance below for a cost-effective way to protect your investment during transit.
Packages Returned by the Carrier
Please be aware of the delivery information provided in your shipment confirmation email. Wines returned to us by the carrier for any reason beyond our control will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Shipping costs (both original and return) will also be deducted from your refund. Reasons may include but are not limited to:
- Incorrect or insufficient address provided by the customer.
- Refusal by the recipient.
- Recipient was not available when delivery was attempted.
- Recipient fails to pick-up at a carrier-designated facility following attempts to deliver.
- An adult of at least 21 years was not available to sign for and receive the delivery.
- Wines listed as "in stock" typically ship the same day if your order is received by 3pm PT, Monday through Friday. Orders received on weekends or observed holidays will ship on the next available business day. Freight forwarding and international shipments require additional lead time.
- Wines listed as "pre-arrival" or "futures" are not available for immediate shipping. We will notify you upon arrival so you can make shipping arrangements. We will not ship these to you automatically.
- When taking wine out of storage, please allow up to 3 business days for us to prepare your entire order for shipment or customer pick-up. Larger storage removals (100+ bottles) may require additional lead time.
For information on any of the above, contact your Wine Specialist or email
Important: Shipping Weather Advisory
- Shipping during periods of heat or extreme cold is at your own risk. JJ Buckley Fine Wines is not responsible for damage to wine, including leakage or damaged corks, resulting from heat or extreme temperatures during shipment. Use the weather in your area as a guide when making shipping arrangements.
- We strongly advise you to take advantage of our Free Storage Service during periods of heat or extreme cold, or consider purchasing cold packs for your shipment during hot weather. See below for additional information.
- We reserve the right to hold shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions, or for carrier service disruptions due to inclement weather.
- We ship regularly to many international destinations, including Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, and more. We do not ship to Canada.
- Shipping costs and timeframes for international orders will be quoted by email. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +15106325500 for information.
- All sales made to destinations outside the United States are final upon shipment. Absolutely no refunds or returns can be made once the shipment leaves our warehouse.
- Product will leave our warehouse in the condition described at the time of sale. Customer takes all responsibility for damage or loss during shipment.
Wine Storage Services - Free For 6 Months!
Any bottle of wine purchased from JJ Buckley is eligible for 6 months of free storage in our temperature-controlled wine storage facility. Visit our Storage page to learn more.
Cold Wine Shippers
Shipment during extreme temperatures is never recommended and is always at your own risk. However if you must ship, consider purchasing insulated Cold Wine Shippers to help keep your wine cool. To add a cold pack shipper to your order, please call us at 888-859-4637. Cold pack shippers are charged an additional fee as follows:
- 2 Pack Cold Wine Shipper - $4
- 6 Pack Cold Wine Shipper - $6
- 12 Pack Cold Wine Shipper - $10
- JJ Buckley Fine Wines is not responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the shipper. We therefore recommend that you purchase optional shipping insurance to protect your wine investment.
- Shipping insurance is additional coverage that may reimburse, or replace when available, items that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit.
- Insurance is 1% of the total value of items ordered at the time your order is placed, exclusive of taxes, shipping, or other fees.
- Please note: Shipping insurance does not cover temperature-related damage. If you are concerned about weather affecting your shipment, please consider upgrading your delivery service to Next Day, purchase insulated cold pack wine shippers, or take advantage of our Free Storage Service until temperatures are more suitable for shipping wine.
Ask your Wine Specialist about adding shipping insurance to your order, or select it on the Shipping page during checkout.