2020 L'Hetre Cotes de Bordeaux Castillon

Bordeaux Blend - 750ML
Reg: $39.94
In Stock: 24+ btls
Ships Immediately
Pre-Arrival: 0 btls
ETA: Pending
Most orders placed M-F by 3pm (PT) ship same day.
Orders placed on a weekend or holiday will ship the next business day.
Shipping Info

Free storage available
Wine Storage


JD 95 VN 92 WA 90
JD 95

jebdunnuck.com, March 2023

I was blown away by the quality of the 2020 L'Hetre, and this estate, as well as the entire Castillon region, is one to watch going forward. Based on 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc, brought up in 30% new French oak, it...
VN 92

Vinous, February 2023

The 2020 L'Hêtre is a gorgeous Côtes de Castillon from the Thienpont family. Racy and also beautifully layered, the 2020 is impressive right out of the gate. Ripe black cherry, menthol, lavender, spice and game infuse the...
WA 90

Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, April 2023

The 2020 L'Hêtre is the first vintage produced with Axel Marchal as consultant. Offering up aromas of dark berries, lilac, plums and a lavish application of creamy new oak, it's medium to full-bodied, rich and fleshy...


Color & Type Red
Varietal Bordeaux Blend
Country France
Region Bordeaux
Sub-region Cotes de Castillon
Vintage 2020
Size 750ML
Percent alcohol 14.5%
Closure Cork

Introducing the exquisite 2020 L'Hetre Cotes de Bordeaux Castillon, a true gem from the renowned Bordeaux region in France. This Bordeaux Blend showcases the exceptional craftsmanship of L'Hetre, a producer known for their dedication to quality and tradition.

Elegantly presented in a deep red hue, this wine is a visual delight that hints at the remarkable flavors that await. Uncork the bottle and allow the tantalizing aromas to fill the air, beckoning you to indulge in a sensory journey like no other.

The 2020 L'Hetre immediately captivates with its intoxicating bouquet. Ripe black cherry, menthol, lavender, spice, and game intertwine to create a symphony of scents that dance delicately on the nose. This wine is an invitation to explore its layers of complexity, revealing new nuances with each sip.

On the palate, the wine expresses its true character with finesse and balance. The dominant presence of 85% Merlot and the remaining 15% Cabernet Franc impart a harmonious blend of flavors. Experience the luscious notes of black raspberries, complemented by a touch of chalky minerality and the subtle elegance of white truffle. The seamless integration of these elements is a testament to the artistry of L'Hetre.

The 2020 L'Hetre is a wine that demands attention and admiration. With its remarkable structure and fine tannins, it promises longevity and the potential to evolve over the next two decades. This is a testament to the quality of the Castillon region, which is rapidly gaining recognition for producing exceptional wines.

Renowned wine critics have already recognized the greatness of the 2020 L'Hetre. Vinous awarded it an impressive score of 92, praising its raciness and layered complexity. Jeb Dunnuck was astounded by its quality, bestowing upon it a remarkable score of 95. Robert Parker's Wine Advocate also acknowledged its excellence, awarding it a score of 90.

Embrace the allure of the Bordeaux region with the 2020 L'Hetre Cotes de Bordeaux Castillon. This remarkable wine is a testament to the dedication and passion of L'Hetre, and it promises to elevate any occasion to a new level of sophistication and pleasure.