|Color & Type
One of the oldest Medoc estates, Domaine de Leoville belonged to some of the wealthiest and most influential noble French families before it was acquired by the Las Cases family. Like many properties after the French Revolution, the estate was divided between 1826 and 1840 into the three Leovilles we know today: Leoville-Las Cases, Leoville-Poyferre and Leoville-Barton.
Chateau Leoville-Las Cases was created, thanks to a kind of birthright, from three-fifths of the original estate, including the very heart of the property. The Grand Vin has therefore been sourced from the best part of the original terroir since the 17th century.
Pierre Jean, Adolphe, and Gabriel de Las Cases were successive heirs to the property until 1900, when Theophile Skawinski purchased a share in the estate and became its manager. Leoville-Las Cases has now been managed by the same family since the late 19th century and is today represented by Jean-Hubert Delon, sole owner of the chateau and proprietor of Chateau Potensac in the Medoc and Chateau Nenin in Pomerol.