2006 Sette Ponti Oreno Proprietary Red Wine
Proprietary Blend - 750ML
  • WS 96
  • WA 93

This product is
out of stock

This product is
out of stock

Contact us Wine consultation

WS 96
Wine Spectator, October 2008
WS Top 100 2008 #15: "Shows loads of black licorice blackberry and toasty oak. Full-bodied with supersilky tannins and a long long finish. Has wonderful concentration and balance. Structured. Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot and... WS Top 100 2008 #15: "Shows loads of black licorice blackberry and toasty oak. Full-bodied with supersilky tannins and a long long finish. Has wonderful concentration and balance. Structured. Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot and Sangiovese. Best after 2013. 3250 cases made."
WA 93
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, August 2009
The 2006 Oreno (50% Sangiovese 25% Cabernet Sauvignon 25% Merlot) combines elements of ripeness and firm vibrant structure in a beautifully-balanced gorgeous wine. Tar smoke licorice new leather and menthol notes emerge... The 2006 Oreno (50% Sangiovese 25% Cabernet Sauvignon 25% Merlot) combines elements of ripeness and firm vibrant structure in a beautifully-balanced gorgeous wine. Tar smoke licorice new leather and menthol notes emerge adding layers of expressiveness to the dark fruit. This is a powerful Oreno made in a less immediate style than the 2007. With time though the wine's inner sweetness comes through suggesting that this wine has a very bright future. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2021.
Color & Type Red
Varietal Proprietary Blend
Country Italy
Region Tuscany
Vintage 2006

Winery

Sette Ponti

Tenuta Sette Ponti sits in the land of Sangiovese and Chianti, not far from the historic town of Arezzo. The estate received its name from Antonio F. Moretti, who wanted to pay homage to the so-called Road Sette Ponti (Seven Bridges), which connects the banks of the River Arno between Florence and Arezzo.

Tenuta Sette Ponti holds 330 hectares of land, of which more than 50 are planted with vineyards—tended entirely without mechanization. Included are Sangiovese, but also some great "internationals", such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, and a small selection of other varieties. The soil composition has a heterogeneous structure, well combined between clay, sand, limestone, and typical Chianti stone Galestro.

The grapes undergo a “one by one” manual selection when they arrive in the cellars. An open vat fermentation is preferred along with a gentle pressing to get the best aroma from the grapes without bitterness or excessive drying.