Castello dei Rampolla is a family-run wine estate located in the southern valley of Chianti Classico known as the “Conca d’Oro,” the Golden Basin. The land on which it stands has been owned by the di Napoli Rampolla family since 1739.
The estate produced its first bottles of Chianti Classico in 1975. The first bottles of Sammarco, a Cabernet Sauvignon with Merlot and Sangiovese, were released in 1982. Castello dei Rampolla began practicing biodynamic farming in 1994, producing their first biodynamic wine, D’Alceo, in 1996.