2016 Haut Brisson Bordeaux Blend
Bordeaux Blend - 750ML
  • JS 94
  • JL 93
  • WA 92
  • VN 92
  • JD 91
  • VN 90

This product is
out of stock

This product is
out of stock

Contact us Wine consultation

JS 94
jamessuckling.com, February 2019
This has great clarity of ripe red plums and mulberries, as well as attractive, floral nuances, leading to a very focused feel on the palate that offers a succulent and fluid array of ripe red fruit that holds fresh and... This has great clarity of ripe red plums and mulberries, as well as attractive, floral nuances, leading to a very focused feel on the palate that offers a succulent and fluid array of ripe red fruit that holds fresh and even. Ever so fine tannins. Try from 2022.
JL 93
TheWineCellarInsider.com, May 2017
With a strong sense of minerality, silky tannins, lush, salty fruit and pepper, this wine is smoky, fresh, concentrated and packed with ripe pit fruit. The wine was produced from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet... With a strong sense of minerality, silky tannins, lush, salty fruit and pepper, this wine is smoky, fresh, concentrated and packed with ripe pit fruit. The wine was produced from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, reaching 14.4% alcohol with a pH of 3.8.
WA 92
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, December 2018
Blended of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Haut-Brisson is quite oaky on the nose with underlying plum preserves, baked cherries and dried mulberries plus wafts of bay leaves, damp... Blended of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Haut-Brisson is quite oaky on the nose with underlying plum preserves, baked cherries and dried mulberries plus wafts of bay leaves, damp soil and cigars. Medium to full-bodied, it has firm, rounded tannins, seamless freshness and plenty of muscular fruit going long in the finish. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown
VN 92
Vinous, January 2019
The 2016 Haut Brisson is terrific. Plush and succulent in the glass, with tons of textural intensity, the 2016 has so much to offer. Dark red cherry, chocolate, mocha and spice all build in a beautifully textured, racy... The 2016 Haut Brisson is terrific. Plush and succulent in the glass, with tons of textural intensity, the 2016 has so much to offer. Dark red cherry, chocolate, mocha and spice all build in a beautifully textured, racy Saint-Émilion that is already quite delicious. The 2016 has really come together quite nicely over the course of its aging. -- Antonio Galloni
JD 91
jebdunnuck.com, February 2019
The 2016 Château Haut Brisson was outstanding on both occasions I was able to taste it. A blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc brought up in 35% new oak, this medium to full-bodied, plump, sexy Saint-Emilion offers... The 2016 Château Haut Brisson was outstanding on both occasions I was able to taste it. A blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc brought up in 35% new oak, this medium to full-bodied, plump, sexy Saint-Emilion offers loads of spiced black fruits, truffle, tobacco, and incense. It has rock solid ripeness, a rounded texture, and delivers pleasure. Drink it any time over the coming 15-20 years.
VN 90
Vinous, January 2019
The 2016 Haut-Brisson has a classy bouquet of dark-chocolate-tinged black fruit, white pepper and a touch of red plum. The well-balanced palate is focused and direct, featuring supple tannin, a fine bead of acidity and a... The 2016 Haut-Brisson has a classy bouquet of dark-chocolate-tinged black fruit, white pepper and a touch of red plum. The well-balanced palate is focused and direct, featuring supple tannin, a fine bead of acidity and a judicious dash of spice toward the finish. Drink this well-crafted Saint-Émilion over the next decade. -- Neal Martin
Color & Type Red
Varietal Bordeaux Blend
Country France
Region Bordeaux
Sub-region Saint-Emilion
Vintage 2016
Percent alcohol 14.5%
Closure Cork