2016 La Clarte de Haut-Brion Blanc
Bordeaux Blanc - 750ML
2016 La Clarte de Haut-Brion Blanc
  • JD 94
  • JS 93
  • JL 93
  • WS 92
  • VN 91
  • WA 91

Reg: $99.94

$89.94

In Stock: 0 btls
Ships Immediately

Pre-Arrival: 6 btls
ETA: Pending

Reg: $99.94

$89.94

In Stock: 0 btls
Ships Immediately

Pre-Arrival: 6 btls
ETA: Pending

Shipping info Wine Storage

JD 94
jebdunnuck.com, February 2019
The second wine of this incredible estate is the 2016 La Clarte de Haut Brion Blanc (76.3% Sémillon and 23.7% Sauvignon). As with the grand vin, it has an incredible mix of vibrancy and richness as well as beautiful tart...   The second wine of this incredible estate is the 2016 La Clarte de Haut Brion Blanc (76.3% Sémillon and 23.7% Sauvignon). As with the grand vin, it has an incredible mix of vibrancy and richness as well as beautiful tart citrus, lime, white flowers, and crushed rock aromas and flavors. Fresh, focused, medium-bodied, and with bracing acidity yet terrific concentration, it too needs short-term cellaring and should keep for two decades.  
JS 93
jamessuckling.com, February 2019
Attractive chamomile, lemon-pith and lemon-grass aromas with a very composed palate that holds a sleek and flavorful, mostly citrus-fruit core and achieves great length and depth. Drink or hold.
JL 93
TheWineCellarInsider.com, April 2017
Just squeezed citrus and honeysuckle on the nose and on the medium bodied, palate, with ample, sweet, lemon and green apple in the finish. The wine blends 76.3% Semillon and 23.7% Sauvignon Blanc. Read more...   Just squeezed citrus and honeysuckle on the nose and on the medium bodied, palate, with ample, sweet, lemon and green apple in the finish. The wine blends 76.3% Semillon and 23.7% Sauvignon Blanc. Read more at:https://www.thewinecellarinsider.com/wine-tasting-note/?vintage=2016&wine=La%20Clarte%20de%20Haut-Brion%20Blanc  
WS 92
Wine Spectator, March 2019
Very juicy and youthfully compact still, with a bracing hint to the white peach, lemon pith and star fruit flavors that lead the way. But behind them are notes of acacia, straw and shortbread that should emerge more with...   Very juicy and youthfully compact still, with a bracing hint to the white peach, lemon pith and star fruit flavors that lead the way. But behind them are notes of acacia, straw and shortbread that should emerge more with modest cellaring, leading to a slightly fuller feel overall. Your choice... Drink now through 2028. 1,480 cases made.–JM  
VN 91
Vinous, January 2019
The 2016 La Clarte de Haut-Brion is lovely. Bright and nicely chiseled, with terrific depth, the Clarte is wonderfully nuanced. Citrus and floral notes give this energetic Sémillon/Sauvignon blend terrific freshness. --...   The 2016 La Clarte de Haut-Brion is lovely. Bright and nicely chiseled, with terrific depth, the Clarte is wonderfully nuanced. Citrus and floral notes give this energetic Sémillon/Sauvignon blend terrific freshness. -- Antonio Galloni  
WA 91
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, December 2018
Composed of 76.3% Sémillon and 23.7% Sauvignon Blanc, the 2016 La Clarté de Haut-Brion features very pretty honeysuckle, yuzu, lemon drops and fresh pears scents with hints of kumquat and lime leaves. Medium-bodied with...   Composed of 76.3% Sémillon and 23.7% Sauvignon Blanc, the 2016 La Clarté de Haut-Brion features very pretty honeysuckle, yuzu, lemon drops and fresh pears scents with hints of kumquat and lime leaves. Medium-bodied with fantastic freshness, the palate features a great intensity of citrus flavors and a long chalky finish. - Lisa Perrotti-Brown  
Category Description
Color & Type White
Varietal Bordeaux Blanc
Country France
Region Bordeaux
Sub-region Pessac Leognan
Vintage 2016
Size 750ML